Tuesday, June 28, 2011

One Way Car, Two Way Bikes

June 28, 2011

I have been visiting my relatives in Germany for the last week. I am staying with my cousin Sabine, her partner Didi, and their  2 1/2 year old daughter, Noa. They live in a town about 20 km from Frankfurt called Muhlheim.

Today Didi, Noa, and I rode bikes to the grocery store. This bike facility restricts motor vehicles to drive one way and allows cyclists to drive two ways. 

Sabine and her family went to Amsterdam last month and bought this cargo bike. Cargo bikes are not very common in this town. Noa is riding in the front.


1 comment:

  1. I've wanted one of these bikes with the cargo box in front for a while now. This is a perfect bike for traveling around town with children, hauling groceries or anything for that matter. Here in the US everyone with small children has the behind the bike trailers, which we do too for our kids (Jakob & Ella)....but I think the front cargo carrier would be much more safe for children. Also, easier to communicate to the kids while riding. I also love the one way car, two way bike lines.
    PS...your cousin Sabine probably doesn't remember me, but I totally remember her....I hope her and her family are doing well.

    Jennifer Northrup

    ReplyDelete